CH:1.Power sharing- Worksheet cum Assignment. Class x.
Answer the following questions.
- Who formed majority in terms of population in Sri Lanka?
- Who formed majority in terms of population in Belgium?
- When was sinhalese declared as the official language?
- In Modern democracies power is shared between/among
- Sri Lanka Emerged as the independent country in?
- What is community goverment refers to?
- Which is the official language in srilanak?
- What is federeal division of power?
- Whaich is the Dutch Majority region in Belgium?
- Which is the French majority region in Belgium?
- In the capital city, Brussels,.......................% people spoke French ...... %spoke Dutch.
- What is the basic principle of democracy?
- In India ,federal government is called the ........................ government.
- What is civil war?
- What is the reason for tensiion in Belgium?
- Explain the power sharing arragements among governments at different levels.
- What do you know about the power sharing arrangements in Belgium?
- Describe the diverse population in Sri Lnaka?
- What is the background of the Sri Lankan Tamils?
- What notions of power sharing existed prior to the emergence of democracy?
- Compare the different ways in which the Belgians and the Sri Lankans have dealt with the problems of cultural diversity?
- Describe the majoritarian measures adopted by the sri Lanakan government?
- Describe the different forms of power sharing in modern democracies with examples?
- Why is power sharing desirable?