Pre-Board Examination- Class X.Social Science.
Time Allowed: 3Hours. [Maximum Marks:80]
(i) The question paper has 36 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
(ii) Marks are indicated against each question.
(iii) Questions from serial number 1 to 16 are Multiple Choice Questions of 1 mark each. Every MCQ is provided with four alternatives. Write the correct alternatives in your answer book.
(iv) Question from Serial number 17 to 29 are 3 mark questions .Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words.
(v) Questions from serial number 30 to 34 are 4 mark questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
(vi) Question number 35 is map question of 2 marks from History and Question number 36 is a map question of 3 Marks from Geography.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
1. What does the crown of oak leaves, worn by Germania stand for?
a) Courage b) Heroism c) Freedom d) Unity.
In Vietnam, which of the following provinces was referred to as electric fuse?
a) Ha Tinh b) Mekong c) Annan d)Hanoi.
2. The United Kingdom of Great Britain was formed by which of the following Acts?
a) The Act of Settlement b) The Parliamentary Act of of 1688
C) The Act of Union 1707 d) the parliamentary Act of of 1801.
Which popular movement was started by Huynh Phu so?
a) Hoa Hoa movement b) Go east movement c) Scholars movement d) Sincretic movement .
3. The popular leader who had lived in Fiji and was a Sanyasi in early life was.
a) Alluri Sitaram Raju b) M.R Jayakar C) Ballabh Bhai Patel d) Baba Ram Chandra.
4. Reservation of seats for members of depressed class in central and provincial legislative council was agreed upon by which of the following act/pacts?
a) Gandhi Irwin Pact b) Poona Pact c) Lucknow Pact d) Government of India Act.
5. Which rock mineral is used as a raw material in cement industry?
a) Mica b) Manganese c) Silica d) Limestone.
6. ……………………is the most important oilfield of Gujarat.
a) Bassein b) Moran Hugrijan c) Ankaleshwar d) Digboi.
7. The first cotton mill was successfully established in….
a) Kolkata b) Chennai c) Ahmedabad d) Mumbai.
8. The organization which constructs and maintains super highways in India is..
a) Central Public Work Department b) Border Roads Organization
b) National Highway Authority of India d) Zila Parishad.
9. Which among the following is the special feature that distinguishes a pressure group from a political party?
a) Political parties take political stances, while pressure groups do not bother about political issues.
b) Pressure groups are confined to a few people, while political parties involve larger number of people.
c) Pressure groups do not seek to get into power, while political parties do.
d) Pressure groups do not seek to mobilize people, while political parties do.
10. Which king of Nepal refused to accept democratic rule?
a) King Birendra b) Girija Prasad Koirala c) King Gyanendra d) Prachanda.
11. On what basis does a country choose its party system? Select the option.
a) Nature of Society b) Nature of Political Parties c) Social differences d) History of the election.
12. Which of the following represents a challenge to democracy?
a) Democratic rights to people b) Bureaucracy
c) Money and muscle power during election d) Accountability of government.
13. Bank uses the major portion of the deposits to.
a) Keep as reserve so that people may withdraw b) Meet their routine expenses
c ) Extend loans d) Meet renovation of bank
14. Who issues currency notes on behalf of the central government?
a) Private sector b) State government c) New Delhi d) RBI
15. Which is one such organization whose aim is to liberalize international trade?
a) UNICEF b) World Bank c) WTO d) IDBI.
16. Consumer movement in India has led to the formation of various organizations locally known as 
a) Consumer protection council b) COPRA
C) Resident welfare association d) Consumer international.
17. At the time of French revolution how did the French artists personify Liberty? Describe its two attributes?
Mention the steps taken by the French to dismantle Chinese influence on Vietnam.
18. Under what circumstances was the Gandhi –Irwin pact signed? What was its outcome?
19. What is needed for conservation of energy resources? Suggest suitable three steps to conserve energy resources.
20. What are the two prime factors that determine the location of Aluminum smelting industries? Name four leading centers of this industry in India.
21. The concentration of cotton textile industry is mainly concentrated along the cotton growing belts of Maharashtra and Gujrat.Explain with three reasons.
22. What is single issue movement? How does it differ from a long term movement? Explain with examples.
23. Write a note on the economic outcome of Democracy.
24. How can you say that working of democracy in India has been successful?
25. ‘Most of the democracies of the world face the challenge of expansion and challenge of deepening of democracy’. Justify this statement.
26. Why do developed countries want developing countries to liberalize their trade and investment? What do you think, should the developing countries demand in return?
27. ‘Globalization and competition among producers has been of advantage to the consumers ‘Give arguments in support of this statement.
28. How did consumer movement arise in India? Explain.
29. Name the consumer courts at the district, state and national levels.
30. How did the nationalist tensions emerge in the Balkans?
Explain the various stage of Nationalism in Vietnam?
31. How did the different sections of Indian people react differently to civil disobedience movement? Answer the question with reference to Muslim, Dalits, peasants and Businessmen. .
32. Why are the means of transport and communication called the life lines of a nation and Economy?.
33. Why there is a lack of internal democracy within the political parties in India? Explain with examples..
34. What are ‘demand deposits’? Describe any three features of Demand deposits .
35. Two features (A) and (B) are marked on the given outline map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the marked in the map.
(A)-Place from where the no tax campaign started
(B)- The place where Indian National Congress Session of December 1920 was held.
Locate and label the following items with appropriate symbols..
(i)- Kheda- the place of peasant Satyagraha.
(ii)-Dandi- the place of civil disobedience movement.