Term 1.(Summative Assessment -1)
Time allowe: 3 Hours Maximum Marks 90.
1. The question paper has 31 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
2. Marks are indicated against each question.
3. Questions from serial number 1-10 are multiple choice Questions. Each question carries one mark.
4. Questions from serial number 11-22 are 3 marks questions .Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
5. Questions from serial number 23-30 are 5 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 120 words.
6. Question number 31 is a mp question of 4 marks from Geography only. After completion, attach the map inside your answer book.
1. Who wrote the book the Social Contract?
a) John Locke b) Mirabeau c) Rousseau d) Robespierre.
2. What was the main object of the National Assembly?
a) To give immense power to the monarch b) To limit the power of the monarch
c.) To snatch all the power from the monarch d) To give immense power to the French Citizens.
3. Standard meridian of India is located at..
a). 82 O 32’E b) 82O 30’E c)82 o 32 ‘W d)None of these.
4. Name the largest riverine island formed by river Brahmaputra?
a). Majuli b) Tsangpo c) Dihang d)Kenul.
5. Aung San Suukyi is a political leader of which country?
a). Sri Lanka b) Chile c) Myanmar d) Poland.
6. How many permanent members are there in the Security Council?
a) 5 b) 6 c) 7 d)8.
7. Who was the chairman of the Drafting committee Indian constituent assembly?
a) Jawaharlal Nehru b) Motilal Nehru c) Rajendra Prasad d)B.R Ambedkar.
8. At present, what is the percentage of the people who are engaged in the rural areas in non farming activities.
a) . 14 % b) 34% c) 24% d) 44%.
9. Education contributes towards the growth of a society. It also enhances the ..
a) National Income b) Cultural richness c) Efficiency of governance d) All of the above.
10. Which age group of children does the Sarva Shiksha Abhayan aim to promote education?
a) 6—14 years b) 8-14 years c) 6-15 years d) 8-15 years.
11. Mention any three features of Russian Economy? (3Marks).
12. What was Stalin’s Collectivization programme? (3Marks)
13. The central location of India at the head of Indian Ocean is of great advantage.Expalin the Statement. (3Marks).
14. Differentiate between Bhangar and Khadar soil.(3Marks)
15. Differentiate between Western Ghats and Eastern Ghats.(3Marks)
16. Explain the various types of lakes in India (3 Marks).
17. Why did President Allennde address himself mainly to ‘workers’? Why were the rich unhappy with him?(3 Marks)
18. Give any three arguments in favour of democracy?(3Marks)
19. Explain Gandhi’s dream of India In your own words. (3Marks).
20. How do the medium and large farmers obtain capital for farming ?How is it different from the small farmers?(3Marks)
21. Give three measures taken by the government to improve literacy condition in India (3 Marks).
22. Suggest three methods to remove rural unemployment problems.(3 Marks)
23. Describe the condition of the peasants before the French Revolution.(5Marks)
24. What were the main points of the Declaration of Rights of Man and Citizen? (5Marks)
25. Why did the Tsarist autocracy collapse in 1917? (5Marks).
26. How was the mountain system of Himalayas formed? (5Marks).
27. Why is democracy considered to be the best form of government? Write in detail. (5Marks).
28. Write a short note on the Constituent assembly. (5Marks).
29. Explain any four non farming activities in Palampur village. (5 Marks).
30. In which field do you think India can build the maximum employment opportunity? Explain.(5 Marks)
31.1. Two features (1-2) are marked on the given political outline map of India. Identify these features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked on the map.(4Marks)
1. The outer most range of Himalayas.
2. A River.
31.2. Locate and label the following on the same political outline map of India.
(a) Tropic of Cancer.
(b) Highest mountain peak of Himalaya in India.
All the Best.