Term 1.(Summative Assessment -1)
Time allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks 80.
1. The Question paper has 36 questions in all. All questions are compulsory.
2. Marks are indicated against each question.
3. This question paper consist of two parts i.e. Part I and II.Part I of the question paper contains Multiple Choice Questions from serial number 1 to 16 of 1 Mark each.
These sixteen questions of part I are to be answered on a separate sheet provided. This part has to be completed in the first 30 minutes only and the answer sheet must be handed over to the invigilator before starting part II.
4. In part II, there are 20 questions from serial number 17 to 36 which are to be attempted in 2 hours 30 minutes. This part should be attempted the stipulated only after time given part I.
5. Questions from serial number 17 to 31 are 3 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 80 words each.
6. Questions from serial number 32 to 35 are 4 marks questions. Answer of these questions should not exceed 100 words each.
7. Question number 36 is a map question of 3 marks from Geography only. After completion, attach the map inside your answer book.
1. Which was the first industry established in England?
a. Jute b) Cotton c) Sugar d) Iron.
2. Name the industrialist who made fortune in the China trade in the 1830s.
a. Rabindranath Tagore b). Dwarakanath Tagore c) Mathew Boulton d) None of the above.
3. The first book printed by Gutenberg was.
a. Macbeth b) Utopia c) Prince d) Bible.
4. The Vernacular press Act of 1878 was modeled on.
a. British Corn Laws b) Irish Press Law c) French constitution d) American constitution
5. When was the first Earth Summit held?
a. 1992 b) 1999 c) 2002 d) 2009.
6. Where is Buxa Tiger Reserve located?
a. Bihar b) Uttar Pradesh c) Himachal Pradesh d) West Bengal.
7. Palar pani in Rajastan refers to
a. Rainfall b) Tanks c) Divertion of Channels d) None of these.
8. Which is called as the golden fiber of India?
a. Cotton b) Jute d) Maseta d) Flex.
9. Sri Lanka emerged as an Independent country in
a. 1946 b) 1947 c) 1948 d) 1949.
10. Federal division of power refers to
a. Power shared at one level of government. b).Power shared at two levels of government.
c) Power shared at different levels of government. d) None of the above.
11. Which state in India has its own constitution?
a. Meghalaya b) Sikkim c) Jammu and Kashmir d) Delhi.
12. Which of the following countries does not have an official religion?
a. Sri Lanka b) India c) Pakistan d) England.
13. What will be the top development goal of a landless labourer? Choose the appropriate option.
a). Expansion of rural banking. b). More days of work and better wages.
c). Establishments of primary schools in the villages. d). Better roads for easy transportation.
14. Human Development Index compares countries based on which of the following level of the people?
a) Educational Level b) Health Status
c) Per capita Income d) All of the above.
15. Which of the following types of activities are covered in the secondary sector?
a) It generates services rather than goods b) Natural goods are changed through manufacturing.
c) Goods were produced by exploiting natural resources
d) It includes agriculture, forestry and diary.
16. Which of the following act s would not apply to a company like TISCO?
a) Minimum wages act b) National rural employment Guarantee act
c) Factories act d) Payment of gratuity act.
17. In which products were the European Managing Agencies interested in and why? (3 Marks)
18. In what ways did the print revolution transform the lives of people? ( 3 Marks)
19. Explain how print culture assisted the growth of nationalism in India? (3 Marks)
20. Explain the impact of print revolution on religion. (3 Marks)
21. How can the problem of land degradation be solved in hilly and desert areas? (3 Marks)
22. What were the salient features of Project tiger? (3 Marks)
23. Why are multipurpose projects called as the temple of Modern India? (3 Marks)
24. What is the background of the Sri Lankan Tamils? (3 Marks)
25. What was the aim of the Black power movement? Name its leaders (3 Marks)
26. Explain the social differences based on our choice (3 Marks).
27. What is meant by caste vote bank? Explain. (3 Marks)
28. Why are public facilities needed for the development of the country? Explain any four public facilities. (3 Marks).
29. What is the difference in the criterion used by the World Bank and that of UNDP for measuring development? Which do you think is the better method and why? (3 Marks).
30. Expalin what is meant by disguised unemployment? Give Examples from rural and urban areas where disguised unemployment exists.
31. Highlite any three factors responsible for making tertiary sector so important in India. (3 Marks).
32. Explain the strength and weakness of the Industrial development in England. (4 Marks)
33. What are the efforts made by the government to modernize agriculture in India? (4 Marks)
34.. What is the language policy followed by the government? (4 Marks)
35. Write two groups of people working in unorganized sector, who are in need of protection .How can the government protect them? (4Marks)
36. Three features with serial number 1 to 3 are marked on the given political outline map of India. Identify these
features with the help of the following information and write their correct names on the lines marked on the map.
(3 Marks )
1. Soil type.
2. Tiger reserve.
3. Leading coffee producing state.
1. Hirakud Dam
2. Sundarbans National park
3. Largest producing state of Bajra